Tea and Pregnancy
Because Madura tea is tested to ensure a low level of naturally occurring caffeine, it is an ideal tea of choice for women who are pregnant and breastfeeding. Madura tea is also tested for herbicides, pesticides and contaminants, making it a safer alternative for expectant and new mothers.
Madura Green Tea is also a delicious, refreshing tea that you can enjoy hot or cold during pregnancy and while breastfeeding, in moderate amounts. Developed specifically for western palates, it is Australia’s top-selling green tea.
- To further reduce the amount of caffeine in each cup of Madura black tea to less than 1%, follow these simple brewing instructions:
- Put the tea bag in a cup of boiled water for 20-30 seconds, ensuring the bag is not jiggled
- Remove the tea bag and discard the water in the cup
- Using fresh boiled water, put your partially used tea bag back in the cup, and allow it to infuse for 3-4 minutes.
- Consume your reduced caffeine tea as normal.
Madura also makes a range of herbal teas including Flowers of Camomile and Leaves of Peppermint, which may assist in relieving the symptoms of insomnia, reflux and nausea during pregnancy.
We recommend speaking to a health specialist to discuss tea consumption while you are expecting or nursing your newborn.