Earl Grey Shortbread
- ½ cup room temperature butter
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ¾ cup of plain flour
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 1 tablespoon of Madura Earl Grey leaf tea, finely ground
- Preheat oven to 175°C (345°F)
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light
- Add the plain flour, cornflour, and Madura Earl Grey tea and then mix until the dough begins to form a ball. Do not overwork the dough.
- Pat the dough into a 8″ by 8″ pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Let the shortbread cool completely before cutting into ½” x 2″ fingers.