Roast Green Tea & Jasmine Veal
- 1 kg veal
- 8 Madura Green Tea & Jasmine tea bags
- 2 medium sized diced onions
- 1 chopped carrot
- 500ml (1 pint) water
- 1 teaspoon of margarine
- salt and pepper
- Boil the water in a pot, add the tea, cover the pot and let it simmer for about 1/2 hour.
- Melt the margarine in a flat pot and fry the onion and the carrot until the onion becomes transparent. Take out the vegetables with a straining spoon and keep them in a warm place.
- Fry the veal in the oiled pot until all sides are browned.
- Return the vegetables to the pot and add half of the simmered tea with the leaves filtered out.
- Cover the pot half way and slowly cook the veal for an hour on low heat.
- Add the remaining tea so as to replace the steamed liquids.
- Take out the meat and the vegetables and keep cooking. Increase the heat and let half of the liquids steam before turning the heat off.
- Serve the veal with the remaining sauce. We recommended serving the veal with rice in jasmine tea.