Happy World Heart Day from Madura Tea
September 29 marks World Heart Day, a global event initiated by the World Heart Federation that sees individuals, families, communities, organisations and governments around the world take part in activities to take charge of their heart health. World Heart Day raises awareness about cardiovascular disease, and the simple steps that can be taken to improve heart health.
The good news for tea drinkers is they’re already contributing to the improved health of their heart. Many of tea’s health benefits are linked to the heart and blood vessels, and recent research indicates that plant chemicals known as flavonoids may explain why tea drinkers are less likely to develop cardiovascular disease.
Tea heart health benefits
Did you know that just a few cups a day can keep heart disease at bay? In fact, according to the latest global studies and research, tea is the number one tonic for overall wellbeing and heart health with evidence-based findings indicating:
- Black and green tea may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and stroke by 10% to 20%.
- People who drink 3 – 6 cups of tea per day are 45% less likely to die from heart disease than those who drank less than one cup, and drinking more than 6 cups of tea per day was associated with a 36% lower risk of developing heart disease than drinking less than one cup.
- Powerful antioxidants in green tea may help prevent atherosclerosis, specifically coronary artery disease, because of their anti-inflammatory effects on plaque buildup in the bloodstream and arterial walls, which can lead to heart disease and stroke.
- Drinking green tea catechins leads to a statistically significant reduction in cholesterol levels.
- Drinking 3 cups of black tea per day leads to reductions in blood sugar levels and triglycerides, an increase in HDL cholesterol levels, and increased blood levels of antioxidants, protecting against oxidative stress and inflammation.
Celebrate your heart with Madura Tea’s Detox Box
What better way to celebrate World Heart Day than by giving the gift of health to yourself, or someone you love? At Madura Tea, we’ve combined our classic best-selling green tea with a range of full-flavoured herbal infusions to keep your heart happy and healthy, cup after cup.
Our new and exclusive Detox Box contains 72 individually sealed bags of our most popular blends in a beautifully-crafted Madura wooden tea box:
- Green Tea
- Green Tea & Papaya
- Green Tea & Australian Myrtle
- Green Tea & Mint
- Leaves of Peppermint
- Flowers of Camomile
The Detox box is on sale for a limited time only and you can order here
With every cup of Madura Tea, free from contaminants and handcrafted using the finest quality leaves, you can be assured that your heart will benefit from the purest tea on the market. As the World Heart Federations says, “Your heart is at the heart of your health,” so this September 29th, brew your favourite Madura blend and have a very happy World Heart Day.
Discover more about the health benefits of Madura Tea, or visit our online store to view the full Madura Tea range.
Sources researched / cited
- Bøhn SK, Ward NC, Hodgson JM, Croft KD. Effects of tea and coffee on cardiovascular disease risk. Food Funct. 2012;3(6):575-591.
- Kim A, Chiu A, Barone MK, et al. Green tea catechins decrease total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Am Diet Assoc. 2011;111(11):1720-1729.
- de Koning Gans JM, Uiterwaal CS, van der Schouw YT, et al. Tea and coffee consumption and cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Bio. 2010;30(8):1665-1671.